SDNA would like to assure our clubs and members that we are staying up to date with all of the information and recommendations provided about Coronavirus, as per the Victorian Government Department of Health and Human Services, which currently states…
“At the present time there is no evidence of transmission in the community in Victoria, so you should continue to go about your business. You don’t need to take actions like limiting your movement in the community or staying at home”.
As such, SDNA will not be amending any competitions at this stage.
We hope and expect that all of our members will be keeping themselves abreast of the current health updates from the Government and act accordingly.
We will provide hand
sanitiser (if supplies are available) and recommend players, coaches and
umpires use this or wash their hands with soap prior to the game, and we
encourage teams to ‘3-cheers’ rather than shake hands at the end of the match.
For your information, DHHS website recommendations are listed below:
Ten ways to reduce your risk of coronavirus
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick. If you take medication, ensure you have adequate supplies.
- Phone your GP first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep, and now is the time to quit smoking. Call the Quitline 137 848.
- Don’t wear a face mask if you are well.
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol.
- Get the flu shot (available April).
- Shaking hands is optional!
And here are the most relevant, informative and up-to-date links that you can go to for more information.
There are also two Government hotlines that are constantly updated – 1800 675 398 and 1800 020 080
Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday